Regardless of the size of your business improving productivity is key. There is so much information out there it can be overwhelming to know where to start. Here are 5 Ways that can help increase productivity and office efficiency.
1. Sync Important Information Technology makes it easier than ever to be sure everyone has the important information they need to keep your business running efficiently. Syncing important information like the office calendar ensures everybody is on the same page and nobody misses any important events and keeps all deadlines. With a variety of apps and even cloud-based calendars there are ample possibilities for syncing calendars, timelines and reports.
2. Have a Technology Plan In order to take advantage of technology, you need to be sure it is functioning at its best. It is important to keep systems up to date and have a plan in place for technology emergencies – both the minor and the major. Plus, when things aren’t functioning properly, your business is losing time and money and even employee morale as there is nothing more frustrating than trying to work on equipment that isn’t functioning properly.
3. Develop and Implement a System for Documents One of the most time consuming tasks is managing important documents. Whether you are converting documents digitally or filing them physically, if there isn’t a sound system in place, time is most likely being wasted. Having a system alone, though, isn’t enough. It’s important to make sure you are implementing the system efficiently. Files and documents that are organized save time by eliminating the need to search through them when needed. A good system ensures everything is easy to find every time. The most efficient document management systems are digital and can be set up in one day for many long-term benefits.
4. Use Managed Print Services What is the first thing that comes to mind in an inefficient office? Employees standing around a printer, right? If everybody is waiting, things aren’t getting done. Managed Print Services are an innovative Assessment and Management solution that will maximize the potential of the printing technology you currently have, while helping you source the most efficient devices when it makes sense to refresh. Not to mention you will save money!
5. Don’t Forget the Basics Sometimes, businesses get so caught up in how to be more efficient, they forget the basics. The little things still matter. You cannot achieve productivity and office efficiency if you ignore the basics to focus on the “extras.” How are your employees? Are they getting sufficient breaks? Is your workspace inviting? Are they working well as a team? These are all important factors that cannot be overlooked. Overall productivity and office efficiency takes time, but it really pays off in the long run. Start implementing these strategies and before you know it, your office environment will be running like clockwork.